This project, located in the Irvington Historic District, is an ADU (accessory dwelling unit). The homeowner came to us wanting to convert their garage into a 500 SF suite. Their exact words were “we want a home that looks like we took a full size Irvington home and squeezed into 500 SF.” With that goal in mind we’re moving forward with construction, extremely excited to watch it come together!
The scope of work is as follows:
- Remove all parts of the existing garage except the wall framing.
- Temporarily shore the existing building and separate from the old foundation to allow us to pour a new footing and stem wall.
- Excavate form and pour foundation and floor slab
- Frame, sheet, side and roof addition which must match the existing home
- Underslab plumbing and electrical
- New Sierra Pacific windows to match existing
- Double French door with sidelights to match the old garage door sizing per historic requirements.
- All custom cabinetry in kitchen, bathroom and bedroom
- All finish work to match the existing home
Start Date: Mid-October 2015
Completion Date: March 2016
Follow the link below for an article written about the ADU on AccessoryDwellings.Com